We’ve already taken a look at a few great Halloween Cocktails.
So, I thought it would be good to get some recipes for shots (shooters) onto the blog, so here are some of my favourites:
Halloween shots and shooters
Brain Hemorrhage/Monkey’s Brains
There are a few different recipes for this,as there are different names for it.
It’s always great if you want to drink something that tastes decent, but looks horrible.
The traditional ingredients are as follows:
- 1/2 – 3/4 oz. Peach Schnapps
- 1-2 Tbl. of Irish cream liqueur
- 1 tsp of grenadine
However, I have experimented (when desperate) with other ingredients which might not taste quite as good, but still do the trick.
For instance, substituting the Schnapps with Ouzo or Sambuca.
- Pretty much fill a shot glass with the Schnapps (or equivalent)
- Pour in the Irish cream – Preferably using a nozzle, which helps to give a nice steady flow. I use one like this.
- Finally, add the grenadine. The trick here is to drizzle it into the drink on the back the of a tea-spoon. This should ensure that the red liquid floats ominously in your beverage.
Here’s another one that will involve your tea-spoon skills. If pulled off properly though, this one looks pretty impressive.
- 1 Part grenadine
- 1 Part Irish cream
- 1 Part melon liqueur
- Pour in the grenadine.
- Pour in the melon liqueur, using your spooning skills. Touch the tip of the up-side-down teaspoon to the side of the galssand let the liqueur trickle in.
If you do it gently enough, it should sit on top of the grenadine.
- Add the Irish cream with care (using the nozzle) this should sit in the middle of the two.
I will be trying this one this year. It looks pretty strong, so it’s unlikely to taste very nice. However, it’s good if you turn up late to a party and want to catch up I suppose!
- 1 Part Gin
- 1 Part Rum
- 1 Part Tequila
- 1 Part Triple Sec
- 1 Part Vodka
- Nice and easy. Pour in, mix, and strain over ice.
- Drink it!
The final one (for now). This one looks cool, and might even glow slightly under blacklight. Although I am yet to try that out, so don’t hold me to it.
It has a nice balance of strength and flavour.
- 1 Part vodka
- 1 Part triple sec
- 1 Part melon liqueur
- A splash of lime juice
Nice and simple. Just stick them all together and mix. You want to go for that yellowish, greeny glowing colour.
So there’s a nice selection of Halloween shots and shooters for you to be getting on with. Remember to drink responsibly.
Check out the links below for yet more Halloween Cocktails ideas.