There are a lot of Pumpkin soups out there, so it’s important to find out which one suits you best.
After many years of experimentation, I have refined my recipe and look forward to eating it every year (as well as making it to a certain extent).
Terrified T’s Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 16 ounces Pumpkin (canned or fresh pureed)
- A standard tin of Chicken Broth (or cream of chicken soup)
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Carrots(Wheels or Diced)
- 2 cups of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- In a large pot add, chicken soup, onions, carrot, baking soda, salt and pepper.
Simmer uncovered for ten to fifteen minutes until carrots are soft.
- Then put the vegetable/soup mixture into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot.
- Add pumpkin and evaporated milk.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- If desired (I do) blend it some more.
- Pour into soup bowls.
- Add sour cream and pepper to taste.
As you can see from the image above, my other half added to the creation with some rather tasty and terrifying Halloween crutons. All made simply using a couple of Halloween shape-cutters for the toast.